–Q4 2019 PROGRESS UPDATE–
We’ve been busy.
Here’s what we did in the last 3 months of 2019.
- Ran Question Time Panel event at Crossways Baptist Hall, with panel members including Surrey County Councillor (SCC), Mole Valley District Councillor (MVDC), Campaign for Rural England (CPRE) chair, Green Party, Extinction Rebellion (XR) Rep, Environmental Solutionist from SECA
- Held Family week of seven events in November 2019, including the world premiere of ‘Winnie the Pooh and the Fracking Well’ at Westcott
- Organised Sustainable farming talk in Burgundy & Black Café
- Helped and encouraged the Dorking Trees4Life start up
- Ran the monthly Climate Café at Christian Centre
- Promoted and encouraged for a new refill centre in Dorking, coming soon in early 2020
- Published and circulated 1500 copies of ‘Six Shocking Truths’ and other booklets & information sheets
- Held various high street stalls for engaging with the community
- Worked towards growth of the group and growth of the tasks being undertaken.
- Joined core group of Surrey Climate Commission; attended kick-off event, community forum event, and draft carbon baseline for Surrey reporting session
- Promoted the DCE ‘Dead Cockerel’ logo to get across this important message about climate risk
- Wrote regular updates on DCE website, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.
- Created detailed DCE plan for 2020 (looking forward to 1yr on from declaring Climate Emergencies!)
- Joined Dorking Town Forum
- Became member of Mole Valley’s Climate Forum
- Responded to a series of consultations about transport, Surrey environment, airports, etc
- Given talks to various organisations (Ashtead Transition, Dorking Business Breakfast club, etc)
Thank you everyone for your help and encouragement. It’s a big and important task.
We need your help! We have lots of little tasks that need doing (writing to MPs; visiting councillor surgeries; writing to supermarkets). Every little offer of help welcomed. Training/guidance provided.